Back to job search
Cover People are in search of a full-time Pastoral Manager that can help ensure the welfare and safeguarding of Key Stage 4 pupils with SEMH (additional nurturing needs)
Cover People are recruiting for a Secondary School in South Manchester. They are immediately seeking a full-time Pastoral Manager to work with a small team of pastoral leaders. The pastoral leaders play a vital role in understanding and responding to the social and emotional welfare of the school’s Key Stage four pupils.
The school was rated “Good” by Ofsted and are well resourced to support the additional needs of their young people.
The school has on-site parking and is close to local public transport links.
The Pastoral Manager role:
· Working with pupils, staff, parents and other agencies to best support the pastoral needs of pupils. Monitoring attendance, behaviour, support needs and safeguarding of KS4 pupils
· Helping to organise a rewards programme and fun vocational activities to help the physical and mental well-being of pupils
· Working 1:1 and with small groups of pupils on interventions, positive role modelling and academic pathways
· Being a positive role model and establishing positive relationships with pupils, parents or carers.
· Working well with other members of school staff to provide a stimulating learning environment.
What Cover People Education are looking for:
· Previous pastoral or teaching experience in secondary schools (Previous SEND or safeguarding experience desirable but not essential)
· A desire to learn and implement new SEMH pastoral support strategies to best support students
· Be able to comfortably work 1:1 with pupils and build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents or carers
· Strong communication skills, organised, reliable, friendly, hard-working and resilient with a good sense of humour.
For safeguarding, references will be taken up before interview and successful applicants will require and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
• Excellent pay rates
• Full-time ongoing role
• On-going support from your dedicated Consultant
• Free Level 2 Safeguarding CPD training
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS checks.
Cover People are acting as an employment business on behalf of the school for this vacancy.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs