Back to job search
Pastoral Head of Year
Amber Valley Area
£90-140 a day dependent on experience
September- July 2023
Cover people are recruiting on behalf of a partner school for September 2022!
Come and join our clients highly successful team!
We are looking to help appoint a non-teaching Head of Year, who is both aspirational and enthusiastic about helping pupils achieve their full potential. The successful candidate will help students through activities and strategies, enabling them to become rounded and employable individuals who are valued members of their community.
The successful candidate will work proactively and responsively to address emerging and current concerns regarding students’ attitudes towards learning; thereby ensuring that they feel supported and challenged at every step and make fantastic progress in their academic studies. The position will also involve being an integral part of our transition programmes and the vital role of ensuring students joining the Academy are confident and enthusiastic about the start of their journey with us.
The School offer:
• Strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
• Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
• Supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant contribution to the schools continued success and the life chances of the young people they serve.
Cover People are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All post are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks. We expect all employees to share our commitment to the safeguarding of our pupils.
• Location – Amber Valley
• Position – Pastoral Head of year
• Start date - September
• Duration / Likely Duration - Long term
• End date (if applicable) - N/A
• Contract type - Temporary to permanent
• Full time/part time - Full Time
• Pay £90-140 per day PAYE
• Hours - 8:15am - 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree education- 2:2 or above
• Pastoral experience- youth worker
• QTS, QTLS, PGCE, EYTS or equivalent desireable
• Previous experience working in a UK school
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH COVERPEOPLE TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover People is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Cover People
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs