Back to job search
Teacher of MFL- French and Spanish
ASAP Long term Opportunity
Cover People Derby are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of MFL who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of their students. The successful candidate will be able to deliver French Spanish to Key Stage 4 and French to Key Stage 3 or above.
You will be joining a highly successful and well behaved school in Ilkeston. You will be teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well. The role is a full-time, permanent appointment, beginning ASAP and rolling into September
Applications from ECTS or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
• Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
• Will work collaboratively within the MFL team to contribute to the success of the department
• Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
• Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
• Can increase the number of students opting for a language at GCSE level
On offer, in return:
• Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continued professional development
• High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
• A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
• Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
• A well-resourced curriculum area
• A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
• Building back up to a full programme of trips and visits, giving you the chance to share in making positive memories with students
• Consistently strong student attainment and progress
The school pride themselves on their ethos and culture which promotes positive relationships and behaviour. In their most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that 'there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary'.
MFL is a strong subject within the school and they are proud of their record of success. Examinations were not completed in summer 2021, however, students continued to perform well in languages.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs