Back to job search
SEN Teaching Assistant
Cover People are currently recruiting for 3 SENTA for a small school in Ashton – Under – Lyne, starting June 2021.
The school are recruiting for 3 SEN teaching assistants that will work 1:1 with children throughout the school. The needs of the children vary with the school looking for experienced Teaching Assistants that have been exposed to a wide range of SEN. This is likely to include;
• Supporting children with autism or Asperger's or ASD
• Supporting children with moderate learning difficulties such as dyslexia , dyspraxia and dyscalcula
• Supporting children with social, emotional and behavioural needs
• Supporting children with mental health needs and anxiety
• Teaching assistant qualifications would be beneficial
• A background in social care such as children's social worker or family support worker
• Experience and knowledge of supporting children with SEN
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Proven history of working with children with very challenging behaviour
• Knowledge and experience of EYFS/KS1 (each role is for different year group)
• Excellent communication skills
• DBS on update register
• References for last 2 years work history
• Up to date CV
The school offers a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum challenges the children’s learning and understanding, provides opportunities for them to lead their own learning and encourages them to ask and answer their own questions. We believe it is vital that children co-operate and collaborate and that communication and teamwork are a vital part of human development. We encourage the development of these skills through a variety of lesson and learning structures.
• Excellent pay rates
• Full-time ongoing role
• On-going support from both the school and your Consultant
• Possibility of a Permanent position
• CPD training
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS checks.
Cover People are acting as an employment business on behalf of the school for this vacancy.
For further information, please call James on 0161 505 0439
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs