Back to job search
SEN Teaching Assistant
Cover People are currently recruiting for a full time, SEN Teaching Assistant in an SEN Pupil Referral Unit based in Manchester. The role will start in May 2021.
Are you a passionate Teaching Assistant with experience in Special Educational Needs? The School are looking for a Teaching Assistant who is confident to adapt to any situation and who is knowledgeable enough to support learners with behavioural needs.
The candidate must have:
• 6 months experience working with children
• Experience and knowledge of supporting children with SEN and complex needs
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Confidence to adapt to any situation
• DBS on update register
• References for last 2 years work history
• Up to date CV
Although many pupils have failed to respond to the support put in place by their mainstream schools, most re-engage with education and make a success of their time at your school. – Ofsted 2017
The school works with pupils with special educational needs and those who are experiencing barriers to learning to enable pupils to achieve their potential. All members of staff are experienced, specialist SEN teachers who are dedicated to improving the outcomes of the pupils under their care.
• Excellent pay rates
• Full-time ongoing role
• On-going support from both the school and your Consultant
• Possibility of a Permanent position
• CPD training
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including an online interview and DBS checks.
Cover People are acting as an employment business on behalf of the school for this vacancy.
For further information, please call Sophie at Cover People.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs