Back to job search
SEN Teaching Assistant
Cover People are currently recruiting for a KS2 SEN Teaching Assistant for a role in a Primary School in Oldham to start April 2021.
A Primary School in Oldham is looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant to provide to support a child with Autism on a 1-2-1 basis within the classroom. The successful candidate will be able to build a strong relationship with the child in order to pre-empt and prevent him from having a breakdown. The school would like an experienced SENTA with a proven track record of being able to equip Autistic children with the tools to cope with mainstream school and help them prepare for Secondary school. Good behaviour management skills and patients will be key to the role as well as the ability to adapt to the child’s learning and social needs. Experience of working with ASD is essential.
The candidate must have:
• A minimum of 6 weeks experience working with children
• Experience and knowledge of supporting children with SEN
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• DBS on update register
• References for last 2 years work history
• Up to date CV
• Close to Oldham town centre and Transport
• 1.5 form entry school
• “Good” Ofsted rated school
• Well equipped to support children with SEN.
• Excellent pay rates
• Full-time ongoing role
• On-going support from both the school and your Consultant
• Possibility of a Permanent position
• CPD training
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS checks.
Cover People are acting as an employment business on behalf of the school for this vacancy.
For further information, please call James on 0161 505 0439
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs