Back to job search
Cover People are currently recruiting for a full time, Intervention Assistant at Pupil Referral Unit located in Chesterfield. The role will start ASAP. This is a permanent position. Actual Salary £21,905 - £24,069.
The successful candidate will identify pupils at KS3 and 4 who require reading intervention, deliver a variety of strategies and record and monitor progress and impact. Pupils will be supported to develop their reading ability so that they can access the rest of their curriculum and be a functional member of society when they leave our academy.
Applicants should have good knowledge and experience of working with disaffected pupils in KS3 and 4 in a school or other alternative setting. An affinity for pupils with behaviour, emotional and social difficulties is an essential quality for this challenging but rewarding opportunity. Applicants should be resilient, have high expectations, and a sense of humour. You will be working predominantly with pupils on a 1:1 basis and so must be able to build relationships. You will be responsible for working with the Assistant Headteacher to develop our phonics programme and ensure that we have the required resources and books. You will also support with staff CPD and a whole academy ethos of encouraging all opportunities for reading. This can occur remotely.
The role will be based from the Chesterfield site and mileage claims are included in this role. There may also be travel to our other academy sites for meetings, Inset and CPD. You are required to have daily access to transport with business use included on your insurance. You may be required to transport pupils in your own car.
Benefits include: LGPS Pension Scheme, Westfield Health membership, academy laptop.
The candidate must have:
• Ability to deliver a phonics programme to improve pupils reading ability
• Knowledge of a wide range of reading interventions
• Ability to build positive relationships to older pupils with low reading ages
• Ability to devise a recording and monitoring system to evidence in interventions that take place
• Ability to present pupil progress
• Of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
• GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English.
• Recent inset experience
• Of working with pupils who exhibit challenging behaviour and are disaffected.
• Of supporting/responsibility for the delivery of a phonics programme
• Experience of the delivery of a range of effective reading/literacy strategies for weak readers
• Of carrying out baseline reading assessments
• Of identifying pupils who would benefit from a reading intervention programme
• Of encouraging the love of reading
• Of a small or alternative educational setting other than mainstream
• Of multi-sited working
• Of delivery of Read Write Inc Fresh Start programme
• Of assisting older KS3/4 pupils with their reading
• Of staff CPD and developing other colleagues knowledge of phonics/reading strategies
• Of researching and developing new strategies
• Of sourcing and costing reading packages/books and presenting with rationale to SLT
This is an Academy providing programmes of education to pupils identified as being at risk of exclusion, or who have already been permanently excluded from mainstream education. They meet the varied and complex needs of children in Key Stages 2, 3 and 4.
• Excellent pay rates
• Full-time ongoing role
• On-going support from both the school and your Consultant
• Permanent position
• CPD training
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including an online interview and DBS checks.
Cover People are acting as an employment business on behalf of the school for this vacancy.
For further information, please call Amelia at Cover People. email@example.com or 0161 505 0439
|Discipline:||Cover People UK|
|Published:||8 days ago|
Get new jobs for this search by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs