Back to job search
EYFS SEN Teaching Assistant
Cover People are currently recruiting for a Teaching assistant for a full-time role, in a Primary School in Tameside to start ASAP with the potential of a permanent contract.
A primary school in Tameside is currently looking for an EYFS SENTA to provide 1-1 support for a little boy with suspected Autism. The child in question is currently in the Schools Nursery and will be there next academic year to the child’s age. The role will require close supervision at all times, some personal care, plenty of patients and a love for working within the EYFS provision. The child is non-verbal at this time. The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the SENCO and external agencies to provide the support need to allow the child to access the curriculum over time.
The candidate must have:
• 6 weeks experience working with children
• Experience and knowledge of supporting children with SEN
• Knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
• A passion for working with very young children.
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• DBS on update register
• References for last 2 years work history
• Up to date CV
• Excellent pay rates
• Full-time ongoing role
• On-going support from both the school and your Consultant
• Possibility of a Permanent position
• CPD training
• Children aged 4-11
• Recent OFSTED report “Outstanding”
• Supporting and dedicated SLT
• Excellent attainment
• Involved in community projects
• Supportive parents
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS checks.
Cover People are acting as an employment business on behalf of the school for this vacancy.
For further information, please call James on 0161 505 0439
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs