Back to job search
I am currently looking for a teacher of Art & Design who is available from April 2021 to July 2021 initially for a full time role for a Catholic Academy in south Manchester.
Teacher of Art & Design to key stage 3 and GCSE
Five days a week
Teachers must hold either QTS or QTLS status
(FE qualified teachers must have recent experience of teaching Key stage 3 students)
Experience of teaching via Microsoft Teams and Share Point would be beneficial.
The position is to cover an open vacancy until recruited on a permanent basis
Ideally the head of department is looking for the following qualities
• Passion for subject, teaching, students and personal and professional development
• Subject knowledge and a versatile range of skills (demonstrated in the portfolio)
• Relationships—compassion, pastoral skills and welfare of students. Relationships with staff and working as a team.
• Behaviour management skills– rewards and sanctions, patience and compassion.
• Leadership skills –lead and guide their classroom and manage a number of different personalities, leading by example and being an important role model to our students.
• Organised—Time management skills—meeting deadlines and prioritising work, strong work ethic, prepared to go the extra mile.
• High expectations of themselves, our students and all they work with.
• Flexibility– adaptable when obstacles arise, a solution finder, resilient
• Desire to work as a team to push the department forward into the 21st Century—new technology and skills
• Communication in all settings
• Tech skills—to use photoshop, photography is desirable, industry programmes.
• Inclusion of and differentiation of work to support students of all abilities, SEND, EAL, LAC, PP etc
• Enthusiasm to be part of the whole school and supporting cross curricular links
• Supporting the catholic ethos of the school
Catholic 11 – 16 secondary school
Improving Academy in South Manchester
Headteacher with a clear vision for the school's development
Easily accessible by Metrolink, bus and car due to proximity to Manchester Airport
Supportive department and Senior Leadership team
Positive community feel
Easily accessible by public transport
As supply opportunities are currently scarce, this is as excellent opportunity to teach from after half term.
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview (currently via video call ) and DBS checks.
For further information about this exciting opportunity in South Manchester please contact Cover People as soon as possible.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs