Back to job search
Cover People are currently recruiting for a KS1 SENTA for a role in a Primary School in Rochdale to start ASAP.
A primary school in Rochdale is currently looking for a TA to provide support both inside and outside the classroom. The candidate will be expected to support an Autistic child on a 1-2-1 basis in and outside the classroom. Good behaviour management skills will be key to the role as well as the ability to build strong relationships with children. On occasion you may be asked to support other children on a 1:1 basis, take small groups or act as a general TA on days the child you are supporting is not in.
Experience of the following would be advantageous.
• Supporting Children with autism or Asperger's or ASD
• Supporting Chirldren with moderate learning difficulties such as dyslexia , dyspraxia and dyscalcula
• Supporting Children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
• Supporting Children with mental health needs and anxiety
• Teaching assistant qualifications would be beneficial
• A background in social care such as children's social worker or family support would also be considered
The candidate must have:
• 6 months experience working with children
• Experience and knowledge of supporting children with SEN
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• DBS on update register
• References for last 2 years work history
• Up to date CV
The school is in a deprived area of Rochdale with high levels of EAL. The introduction of a new head has seen money being invested in support for key areas of the school providing teachers the opportunity to facilitate the learning of children of all abilities The SLT have a clear and focused vision for where the school is going and requires dedication commitment and sacrifice from every member of staff.
• Excellent pay rates
• Full-time ongoing role
• On-going support from both the school and your Consultant
• Possibility of a Permanent position
• CPD training
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS checks.
Cover People are acting as an employment business on behalf of the school for this vacancy.
For further information, please call James on 0161 505 0439
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs